We, Indonesian, called it roti boy, but maybe you know it as Mexican bun. This is my weekend project, as this last weekend of January, I don’t want to go outside, just want at home. My hubby who have a football league at noon, also cancelled his schedule, He also want to be at home with us, yeay!🙂
So, to make Adib happy, I asked him to have a kitchen’s project together. First he want to make cupcake, Green velvet cupcake just like he love. But, I’m not in my mood to make anything sweet😀 When, I asked him to help me make bread, Suddenly he jump , and take the bread flour.He want to use the bread flour since 4 months ago,since We never make any bread, so it was never been used.
Found the recipe at here , lovely and inspiring blog🙂
250gre bread flour
1/2 beaten egg
135gr fresh mimlk
30 gr butter
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
35gr brown sugar
50gr grated cheese
1/2 beaten egg
50 all purpose flour
50gr grated cheese for sprinkle
1. Filling : Mix butter, vanilla powder and brown sugar until smooth. Divide the mixture into two, Add grated cheese to one of the mixture, put it in the fridge until harden and divide to 5 balls each plan and cheese mixture.
2. Topping, Beat the butter and sugar, until cooperate and smooth, add egg and flour. Put the mixture on pipping bag and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
3.Dough, knead all ingridients together except butter for 10 minutes until smooth, then add butter, continue kneading process untill elastic , smooth and not sticky for about 30 minutes.
4. DIvide the dough into 10 bun, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Take one bun, flat and filled with the plain or cheese filling, seal tightly and shape into round ball, place in to the baking tray and cover with plastic wrap and let it proof for an hour.
7. Pipe out the topping in spiral, bake for 10-12 minutes at 200dC.
The basic bread’s recipe can be used for any kind of bread, named it! Milk loaf bread, TUna or chicken floss bread, Chocolate or cheese filling bread ,Pizza bread, Burger or sandwich bun , Anykind of less sweet bread, You can used this simple recipe.
Just keep patience to make the dough smooth and elastic, since I only have simple mixer, so I used my hand, 30 minutes kneading the dough, and it gave me a great bun result!🙂
Maybe, my Roti boy looks pale in color, it because I don’t use coffee, because Adib did’t like coffee. When the bun came out fresh from the oven, Me, Adib and ayah can’t wait to try, it’s so delicious!🙂 Enjoy our lovely weekend, even we had a grocery shopping at the afternoon.
This last few days, Not in my mood to take any picture of Adib’s school snack, only this picture from last week😀
..:: diah Re ::..